• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Potentially new owner - can I do this?

CBoftheNorth

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I have been presented with the opportunity to purchase a 1978 CB750 Supersport. The engine is partially disassembled and it hasn't run in many years. The engine is loose, no rust, no other mechanical issues aside from the valves need to be reworked. It comes with all the parts, faring, straight pipes, new gaskets, shop and owners manuals among many other things. The owner is an former small engine mechanic but now in his 80s is forced to move to a home and is willing to be available for advice.

I am not a mechanic, but I grew up on a farm having to repair machinery, cars, etc. It's been a few years but I've dreamt of a project like this. I figured for CAD1,000, it'll be the best 1st project to take on. I realize I will have to invest in some tools and sacrifice parking my truck in the garage for a year but I will be committed to getting it done.

Will I be in over my head? I'd like to hear from others that have started out on a project like this.

Should like you'll be ok to me. The answer is going to require an honest assessment of your own aptitude, however. Be aware that having straight pipes will be an interesting, and probably time consuming, affair to rejet for those pipes.

Back