• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New member- '79cb750F

tnbreeze

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just signed up here to get some feedback about the '79 super sport I just got from an old friend. I've been on the sohc4 forum for about a year while I've been building my 73 cb500. I'm still working on that one but I got a chance to pick up this 750 for pretty cheap and it seemed closer to running so I jumped on it. In it's current state it's an ugly duckling, but it is a blast to ride.

She wasn't running when I brought home a month ago. I've since replaced the regulator, battery, flushed the front brakes, and ran chemtool through the fuel to chemically clean the carburetors. I got running about a week in, although roughly. It was running lean and popping on deceleration due to a missing fuel/air mix screw I've since replaced. So that problem is solved. I still need to do some tweaking however

I plan on making it (despite high miles) both mechanically and cosmetically as good as possible. I'm going to paint it a new color and put the stripes back on. I'm looking for some original turn signals for her for a reasonable price. The PO was struck by a car and it tore them off apparently. The accident also broke the engine case where the stator is. I've since fabricated a repair for it and welded it on. Another accident broke part the fastback seat, which I'll repair or replace.

Anyway, a lot more to be said about it, but for now I'd like to find a manual, maybe in PDF form, so I can get a sense of how these engines are setup. I had trouble tightening the cam chain so I want to start there. Thanks for having me.

Photo Jun 26, 11 46 18 AM (1).jpgPhoto Jun 26, 9 57 36 AM (1).jpg

Back