• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New guy old bike!

hondaboy5494

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new here I have a 1970 cb750 that was my dads. I just pulled it out of storage where it's been sitting since about 76'.... Story goes when he married my mother he had it all torn apart for cleaning and she laid down the law and said no more bike until there youngest was 18yo. Now I'm the youngest of 3 and currently 22 years old. I think he's lost the ambition to ride but I could use the efficiency traveling to work. I grew up on dirt bikes and this will be my first road bike. It's gonna need a lot of tlc but I think it still has potential let me know what you guys think. I'm leaning toward a cafe racer style build so far but I'm rather new to this realm and don't really even know what all is out there. Sorry I don't know why the pics are upsidedown nor can I figure out how to fix them.

Hope to hear from you guys!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 104
Wow - it's been sitting a while for sure! God knows all that will need to be done. Does the engine turn over at least? I agree the cafe racer style is very cool - and parts are very much available so you can do anything with it. Best of luck! P.S. I know many men that do not ride because their wives forbid it, and personally I say bullshit! I love and respect my wife but it will be a cold day in hell before she forbids me to ride!

Whew! I'd ditch those bars! Awesome start, and cool to have an heirloom like that. My Dad sold his KZ1000 the day before I turned 16. If you have any specific questions ask away! I don't know how much you "know" about bike maintenance, but even assuming this bike runs great you'll have a nice chunk of change in cosmetic stuff alone.

Back