• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

My new CB750

jay20

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Just picked this 1978 CB750K a couple weeks ago. Such a difference from my 74' Yamaha DT. I really am enjoying riding it so far, so smooth and easy to drive. I plan on keeping this look but maybe swapping the bars out to something with less rise to them. Also interested in updating the gauges at some point.

Quick question, for those who have this bike (or close) at what RPM are you shifting and cruising at? I want to take advantage of the power but am leery of running it at 5k rpm or higher for extended periods of time.

PXL_20230709_184427564.jpg

I like it! Great bike. For shifting, I'm usually at 5grand before I do anything. As for cruising, just take a look at the tac. needle while doing 70mph on the highway in top gear. That is the area where Honda knew that safe guys would ride at. But this is also motorcycle that does 120mph (stock) and can do 90 all day long. 5k rpms isn't anything to worry about.

Just in case you didn't think of it yet, remember that if you change the bars out, you'll almost definitely need new throttle cables. My CB750K had stock bars, but they were from an older year, and had a 3" lower rise than what my year came with. That meant my cables were too long and actually caused my throttle to stick. My bike runs better now that the throttle cables that are the right length.

Last edited:
Back