• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Maiden ride didn’t go so well

Cool :cool:

Carbs look simple enough, but if they are not set up nor assembled properly they are absolutely the demon spawn of satan. I've gotten pretty good at carbs, but I do not like working on them.

Carbs look simple enough, but if they are not set up nor assembled properly they are absolutely the demon spawn of satan. I've gotten pretty good at carbs, but I do not like working on them.
I was a tech at a GM dealership for over 20 years. I got pretty good with automobile carbs and the carbs on the old Harleys, but there was only one of them to deal with at a time. Add 3 more to the mix and it really makes it interesting.
I never made giant money like some auto techs out there because I was more interested in the complex stuff that took more time to fix than it paid.

I agree. I’ve worked on a handful of carbs over the years replacing jets and cleaning but I still don’t know how these were so bad that it literally had half the power. Shows what I don’t know I guess!

Back