• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

left hand side air box cover

kirky

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
can someone tell me what these two little threaded sticky out bits are for in the left hand side air box cover? thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20231104_152015.jpg
    IMG_20231104_152015.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 33
brettp the air box where the filter slides in has a rectangular cover fastened with two screws that fit into brass inserts those
shown in the picture i have no idea but they are threaded, cheers. now then i have just thought there is a performance bike sticker on the outside so i bet you are right and the sticker covers where the original part should be, thanks, i will have a feel on the sticker for the holes.

oh dear silly me , because i had too big main jets i took the rectangular cover off that sits inside this cover to get more air into the engine, today while taking the carbs off i realised what they are for:umm:

mr two wheel yes i had to take it off because the main jets were too big, it's a jdm 750fz and the only books i have on it are clymer and haynes which said 102 mains, so i fitted them and it bogged out at 5000rpm so i'm putting the 75's back in.

Back