• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

How to remove the Needle Guides that are in the bottom of the Slide

Phil B

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have just cleaned and rebuilt 1981 CB750 Carbs, Carbs have 102 Main Jets , Which might be too big ???
included in the Carby rebuild kit's were 4 new Needles and 4 small Needle side guides that fit into the bottom of the Needle Slide Tubes
I can not get the old Needle Slide Guides out of the bottom of the slide Tubes
The new needles are the same length as the old Needles but the new Needles seem a fair bit looser sitting in the old existing Needle Guides,
I have tried punching the old little Brass Slide Guide's out, but they will not move at all,
Would it be OK to just change the 4 Needles and leave the slightly bigger Needle Guide Tubes ???
I have had the bike running with Only the new main jets fitted and the old Needles installed
The Bike was idling ok and really good at full throttle but it splutters as you throttle from 1/4 to 3/4
I am thinking that the old Needle tapers might be a bit different to the new main jets I put in causing too much Fuel
????????
The Plugs are all pretty Black looking.
any advice would be great,, thank you

Last edited:
Back