• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

How to get a title

whyamihere

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new here to the forum and the cb750 world. So let's start. A family members tenant passed away a few weeks ago and left a ton of cb parts. It was his passion for years. So basically there is no family to take his things so now they're mine. There are two frames. Anyone know how to go about getting titles for then. By the way I'm in New Jersey .

Check with the NJ Department or Bureau of Motor Vehicles or it's equivalent. Each state is different... You would probably need to also know or check with the state where they were last registered. If they were registered to him, you can use paperwork for the death. If they were registered to another party or to someone unknown, then it becomes hard... You will also need to show how you legally own them following the death instead of a family of his inheriting them "by law"... Do you have a legal claim to them to pay off the guy's debts to you? More paperwork...

Back