• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Engine Swap

Outl1er

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Recently got my hands on a 1977 frame and was wondering what engines might fit. I'm okay with modifying the frame slightly, but I want to maintain the same aesthetic to the bike without extreme hassle. I'm trying to make the bike an impressive custom piece, as well as the fact that I have knowledge in coding and electrical work so I'm creating a 2 key system like some of the newer mustang cars where 1 key will have a speed limiter, and the other unlocks the full engine, so the more power the better!

Any of the sohc 750 engines will fit right in. Only thing you will have to deal with is chain alignment but it can all be done with stock parts. Tons of parts available to make as much power as you want but the sohc will get very expensive very fast to make all out HP. Stock....the 77, 78 supersport motor makes the most HP stock but only a couple more than the K motors. The K motor has the most parts available and the sky is the limit to make HP just money is the limiting factor.

dirtdigger thank you . looking to keep the DOHC .
not much hop up stuff for the 1992 - 2003 750 so i think a 1982 engine will do.
just not sure it will bolt in

a 77 frame should have a sohc motor and you posted in sohc garage so though you meant a sohc motor

Back