• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Custom side fenders for 1980 750f

chimpanderson

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever come across someone making custom side panels for their 750? On my cafe build I've chopped the frame and had a custom seat made. The stock side panels don't match up with the new seat so I was looking into making some of my own out of carbon fiber or fiber glass. I've been looking online for a couple months and cant find any mention of this, was hoping to find some premade after market panels. Anyways heres my bike

Attachments

• IMG_3373.jpeg
    IMG_3373.jpeg
    436 KB · Views: 69
I've seen a couple of cafe builds that just had flat aluminum panels attached to the stock side cover mounts. Easy to fab them at home. Paint them to match and away you go.

Tool bags aren’t a bad idea especially for the sake of tools on hand but it just isn’t quite my taste visually speaking. I think some aluminum panels might be the way to go for me. Maybe an aluminum triangle border about 2” thick then the center of the triangle could be some sort of mesh for a bit more pizaz? Thanks for the ideas guys

Tool bags aren’t a bad idea especially for the sake of tools on hand but it just isn’t quite my taste visually speaking. I think some aluminum panels might be the way to go for me. Maybe an aluminum triangle border about 2” thick then the center of the triangle could be some sort of mesh for a bit more pizaz? Thanks for the ideas guys
I like that cutout with the mesh backing look. The flat fenders I put on my Jeep Wrangler have a section like that behind the front wheels.

Has anyone ever come across someone making custom side panels for their 750? On my cafe build I've chopped the frame and had a custom seat made. The stock side panels don't match up with the new seat so I was looking into making some of my own out of carbon fiber or fiber glass. I've been looking online for a couple months and cant find any mention of this, was hoping to find some premade after market panels. Anyways heres my bike

I was just thinking about this over the past few days with my 92 nighthawk I just started on. I think I’m going to try shaping and cutting up a minivan bumper I just pulled off a car I worked on. The sides are nice and flat and I do a lot of work fixing bumper covers so I’ll probably try it out and see if I can make some side covers out of that.

What seat do you have on your bike? I like that it actually has the bend to fit the frame. All the generic seats are just flat but yours would help me avoid cutting down the whole subframe to make it straight.

I was just thinking about this over the past few days with my 92 nighthawk I just started on. I think I’m going to try shaping and cutting up a minivan bumper I just pulled off a car I worked on. The sides are nice and flat and I do a lot of work fixing bumper covers so I’ll probably try it out and see if I can make some side covers out of that.

What seat do you have on your bike? I like that it actually has the bend to fit the frame. All the generic seats are just flat but yours would help me avoid cutting down the whole subframe to make it straight.
Cool idea I hope it works out! Update me if you don’t mind I’d like to see how it turns out. The seat was custom made by Texavina. I don’t how most generic seats look on cafe builds either.

Thanks for the info. I’ll try to update when I get to that point. Still have a lot to do before I get there.

Back