• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Almost done with project 1982 CB750C, looking for final elements/advice

deeveeance

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the end of 2021, I traded an unused Macbook Air for a decent 1982 CB750C with title and all, got it registered under my name and off to the races.

I went through some carb trouble, fought drivetrain elements, and, everyone's favorite, electrical gremlins. Summer of 2022, I slapped on a new chain and sprockets, I replaced the CV carbs that were giving me trouble with a set of Murray's, after going through 3 junked sets to create one franken-carb. This last month I ended up getting a sweet deal on a rotor (Rick's) from another CB owner nearby, replaced the brushes, new battery, and R/R... and she's up and running.

Now, I'm just getting ready for the "cosmetic" aspect of things, which I'll list below:

* I have a set of 2-into-2 MAC Exhaust, and it has been neglected. The mufflers rattle and sound like hot garbage, but during a straight pipe test, no other rattle aside from being loud and obnoxious. I have my eye on the Delkevic 4-into-1 Stainless set, but $430 + ship is a bit pricey. Would I be able to grab a universal set of mufflers to slap on, maybe paint the entire pipes black?

* The Original Gas Tank has seen better days, and has a large dent on the side from falling and hitting the railing on the PO's utility trailer. Are there methods or tools for DIY that I can use to do this on my own? (Tank pictured below)

* I want to eventually take out the engine, and revitalize the frame (sanding, filling, painting), are there any posts or videos you have to recommend?

* My girlfriend wants to ride with me, and the seat is a two-up style... She is relatively new to motorcycles so I want to get a sissy bar/bolt on backrest, but cannot find one that'd fit this bike, does anyone have solutions?

* Finally - I am rather tall (6' 6"), I know I have to swap out the inward bent handlebars for something more neutral, but any alternatives to the stock footrests to lower or move overall?

Thanks for any and all help I've posted several questions here since joining, and received a bunch of advice, so I want to thank this community again for helping me get this moto back on the road again!

20230516_195750.jpg

Back