• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1980 cb750F carbs n rotors

Johnnyboyy666

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Aye all! I recently bought my lovely 1980 cb750F (Betty) and installed some K&N pod filters in place of the crappy emgo pod filters with little to no actual filtration, and since installation my bike hasn’t been running as good and backfiring in decel. Im unsure if I need to resync or rejet the carbs or both? And am kinda scared of doing the job myself. Any tips or leads??

Im also in need of a new throttle housing (the on off on dial and start button assembly) and some new front and back rotors which I can’t seem to find anywhere to order from in Canada. My rotors are totally pooched and I’m pretty desperate to find good rotors 2x for front and one for rear. Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated!

Are they stock carbs? If so, you absolutely need to rejet. The stock carbs are very sensitive to changes in their requirements (air flow speed and volume, air circuits remaining open, etc). That means everything from your engine compression and valve clearance to the airbox (or airpods) is a variable that must be understood. You very likely need to rejet (there is no magic number for the jets as the sensitivity of all variables dictates a slightly different adjustment), but you may not need to resync. With that said, if you're going to go through the process of changing out pilot and main jets to find the correct settings, adjust the mixture screw, and adjust the idle screw, you'd might as well resync.

Aye all! I recently bought my lovely 1980 cb750F (Betty) and installed some K&N pod filters in place of the crappy emgo pod filters with little to no actual filtration, and since installation my bike hasn’t been running as good and backfiring in decel. Im unsure if I need to resync or rejet the carbs or both? And am kinda scared of doing the job myself. Any tips or leads??

Im also in need of a new throttle housing (the on off on dial and start button assembly) and some new front and back rotors which I can’t seem to find anywhere to order from in Canada. My rotors are totally pooched and I’m pretty desperate to find good rotors 2x for front and one for rear. Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated!
VintageCB750.com

Back