• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1979 Honda CB 750 L HELP!!!

Emarcottesr

CB750 Member
Reaction score
OK, so I was told not to take apart the carbs as far as separating them, but the choke fully engaging because it was getting caught due to debris in the rod needing to be cleaned so I took them apart not that big of a deal that was easy I can get them back together no problem, but for whatever reason, I thought it a good idea to take apart, the throttle linkage, and all of that from car number two not sure how to put it all back together again not finding too many resources that I can actually clearly see the pictures as to what I need to do. Does anyone have a video or a guide or step-by-step instructions?

That paragraph in the book that says not to separate the carbs saved me $200 back in the day. I went to look at a 750L that someone had for sale for $350 ('93 prices). The carbs were spread all over the guy's workbench just like the parts breakdown picture in the book. Was able to use that fact to talk him down to $150. I already had a rack of carbs sitting in my shop, so when I picked the bike up, I just took a big box and swept all the parts from all the carbs off the bench into the box. I thought the guy was going to have a stroke! I was riding the bike a week later.

Back