• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Winter Cafe build off Home Thread. I challenge you.

Sounds like you've been busy! Good job. I've been working on my figuring out my books for taxes and sales tax. I am way behind. :(

So yesterday evening I went out to my garage to work on my CB750... I thought I'd clean up the garage a bit before I got started and the next thing you know I'm moving my press and lathe to the other side of my garage, changing the leveling feet on the lathe, cleaning out my blasting cabinet water trap, etc.

5 hours later, my garage still has stuff everywhere and nothing accomplished on the bike :(

Congrats cyclebuster on making progress! :)

water_trap_sludge.jpg

Well Travis, you win! I found some very bad news today looking at my 78K model. the engine is mint, and looks like new, tons of compression, but heres the trajic news. the engine serial number is CB750E-2440589. GAME OVER. That sweet engine is a 1976. and 15 feet behind the 1978 sets a one owner 12,000 mile Candy Antares Red 1976 with a stuck engine. I just cant help it, that engine has to go into my titled sweet azz 76. Its been soaking in PB blaster for 3 years now, and I havent tried to mess with it lately, but you can see its a no brainer.

haha!! I haven't done anything except move my bike from the shed to the garage and look at it! I say you win. :)

Oh well... maybe we can get build-off going in the fall when we have more time to plan and maybe get a few more people involved.

I'm still hoping to get mine done in the next few months though so it might have to be a different bike. (probably not)

Back