• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Turn signal

Shawnw24

CB750 New member
Reaction score
81 cb750c

Turn signals aren’t working properly. Left works fine but right, the front light stays on solid and the back doesn’t do anything. Thinking it’s the relay.
Already changed out bulb

81 cb750c

Turn signals aren’t working properly. Left works fine but right, the front light stays on solid and the back doesn’t do anything. Thinking it’s the relay.
Already changed out bulb
Rear right bulb is probably out

Relay could very well be it, then. Test for continuity across the flasher's pins. If no continuity, that's probably it. You can also turn the bike on, hit the left turn signal, and measure for voltage at the flasher to see if there is anything there.

Can't hurt to check both the turn signal switch and the relay. I'd pop out the switch plug, look at the wiring diagram, and run a few continuity tests. If the switch checks out fine then the next suspect is the relay.
Only other suspect would be a break in the circuit for the rear right turn signal, specifically in the wires or the bulb socket, causing the circuit to not load up enough to trigger the relay.

81 cb750c

Already changed out bulb
HI, I may be a little late but just came across your post. I recently dug out a bike like yours that was taking a 20 year nap in the corner of a barn. My turn signals were acting goofy also. Ended up being contacts inside the switch. I disassembled switch (careful, it’s like working on a watch) and cleaned contacts with 320 grit sandpaper and reassembled. I also had to do same thing with the on/off switch on right side
IMG_0924.jpeg

If I had to guess, 80% of electrical problems on old bikes is simply dirty/corroded contacts in switches or connectors.

Back