• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Poor idle, weak spark.

I also found a lot of crud in the carb bowls when I drained them, wondering if this could be the source??
I pulled the bowls to check for more crud and there was a small amount. Whilst the bowl is off any chance of confirming if I have the correct jet orientation?
IMG_20170801_150950[1].jpg

I'm now considering bypassing the air cut system due to corrosion in the carb where the plunger is meant to move, I could clean it up but I'm looking for a quick fix with no return work hopefully. Guessing I need to plug the lower left port where the o ring sits??

Not by that corroded groove, vacuum leak there possible. Something got in there, normally that chamber stays very clean. That much corrosion in the tops says the slide-to-cap clearance may be flawed, the slide opening is based on that being pretty much perfect.

Well I've finally got the bike up and running on all 4 cylinders.
I decided to bypass the air cut valves and after another thorough clean of the carbs and a re synch it's sounding pretty good.
The starter clutch has all been repaired and everything is now completed barring a few bulbs required in the instrument binnacle which are proving a bit tricky to find online as everything now seems to be the wedge type bulbs.
Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I can get an MOT on it and start to ride it finally.

MOT now passed with just a couple of minor advisories, time to put some miles on it.

Back