• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Cb750 m unit ignition wiring

Biggerthanbikes

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, new here and looking for some wiring help. I have a 1980 cb750 and am in the middle of a m unit install. I have it 95% done but can not seem to get spark. All the diagrams I have seen just have one wire coming from the ignition output on the m unit to the coils. I have 3 wires coming out of the coil. Blue, yellow, and black with white stripe. I have tried every combination of these to try to get spark but nothing seems to work. The coil is grounded and the bike was running before I stripped it down so I know my coils are good. Any input would be very helpful. I have tried looking at stock diagrams but I am not super knowledgeable when it comes to wiring. Thanks

Did you find a solution? I rewired my bike last year so maybe i could help you.
You might be able to help me. I have a 1980 CB750 R

I removed the "spark units" Not the ignition coils. it has been a couple of years and
I cant remember where they were bolted to the bike. They have a mounting plate about an inch square and are on short length leads. I think they must mount to the frame rails just behind the battery but not sure

Thank you.

I removed the "spark units" Not the ignition coils. it has been a couple of years and
I cant remember where they were bolted to the bike. They have a mounting plate about an inch square and are on short length leads. I think they must mount to the frame rails just behind the battery but not sure

Thank you.
Yup, that's where they are originally.

Thank you.
This is the best pic I found from when I restored my CB750 KZ 1979, they have since been relocated and replaced with the marktronics alternative. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• honda-cb750k-1979-z-four-european-direct-sales-side-cover-rectifier_bigma000089f15_ba07.gif
    honda-cb750k-1979-z-four-european-direct-sales-side-cover-rectifier_bigma000089f15_ba07.gif
    191 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20210808_194201.jpg
    IMG_20210808_194201.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 8

Thank you.
Sorry it looks like yours could be different, you should look up your model year on CMSNL.com

Back