New Member- of course I have a question!

Bsporty

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I am so happy I finally got some new wheels! I had a 2000 sportster for 10 years but had to sell it due to being laid off.I also had a CBR600RR but, had to get rid of that one too...losing your job just sucks but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.Anyways here I am back on my feet and working at a very busy shop.I got lots of overtime and finally saved up enough to get me a new ride.It's a '78 CB750, pretty much all original.Im only 5'4 so Im really tip toeing... Anybody else my height? What size shocks should I go with to be comfortable? Not looking for a lowered look or anything, just need to be more comfortable with being able to reach the ground! lol

im 6'3 but have got hagon shocks on mine that are adjustable for ride height so maybe a set of them but they are quite pricey. or scoop some foam out the seat but you will lose some comfort by doing that

Here is mine. I like the lowered look. Cost me about $80 for the CycleX "shortie" shocks in the back that drops it 2". I dropped the forks in the triple trees about an inch and took some foam out of the seat.

Attachments

• Nearly done.jpg
    Nearly done.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 77
Nice looking ride there Bsporty. I'd try some shocks that about an inch shorter and raise the forks in the trees a little.

Wow, Motogtp.. Looks really nice all low!
I got some 11.5" shocks on the way... I also ordered a damn expensive Corbin seat... Hopefully that helps!
I'll have to try lowering the front as well.. Thanks for the help everyone!

Wow, Motogtp.. Looks really nice all low!
I got some 11.5" shocks on the way... I also ordered a damn expensive Corbin seat... Hopefully that helps!
I'll have to try lowering the front as well.. Thanks for the help everyone!

Thanks the seat pan is shortened 5" as well so there is not as much overhang on the rear. Be sure to loosen those triple trees slowly and carefully. You don't want it to drop too quickly and damage something. Post some pics when you are done.

So shocks are on... I'm waiting on my seat.I got clubman bars for it, I was wondering if lowering the front down would affect that?
I got a really nice fork brace for her too...

Back