• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Let's see your CB750

My first Bike

1974 CB750K4.JPGI've owned this bike since brand new it has a lot of work done to it most done in the 70's its not running right now but it is on the table lift for my next project. I plan a ground up resto-mod restoration and conversion with suspension front and rear from a 2012 Yamaha R1.

I've been a proto-type model maker with 40 years of machining experience and my own machine shop I plan on doing/making most of the parts and mods myself this will be a fun project.

Great looking 70s era skoot!
I think it looks super just like it is, maybe a seat upgrade. I love the fairing.

Thanks Vicman,

the seat is an original Corbin Gentry and the fairing is from a BMW R90S. I'm thinking of sending the seat back to Corbin and seeing if they can do a Gunfighter stile recover on it.
I might not put Fairing back on the proportions are just a little off I think. I'd like to keep it looking just like it does now but with the suspension up-grade.
I mounted the duel disk setup on the front, 812 pistons, yoshimura mid range cam, re-jetted carbs, RC Engineering 4-into-1 headers and gears back in the 70's.
In the 80's I installed the rear swing arm and disk setup from a 75 F model with new aluminum rims and SS spokes and new tires. I'm going to try and use the spoke wheels on the new suspension. I have a lot of planning and design work ahead of me.

Bought for $200 , fires up etc. Need carb work tires and a few odds and ends before this coming season,75 honda 750!

IMG_0205.jpgIMG_0351.JPG

Attached are two pictures of my CB 750s. One is a '75 that I have owned for about 13 years. It's the most expensive $770 bike that I have ever owned. It was running poorly when I got it and I've put massive amounts of time and $$$$ into this thing. The second is a 1971 that I've owned for a year. I don't have many pictures of it yet and restoration isn't complete. I will certainly have more in this bike than it's worth before long, too.

They look great Steve! I'm working on my 71 also. Not spending much $ yet just took it all apart, cleaned it, made it work and put it back together. I'm to the point of re-sealing the tank and new tires. Should have it on the road this summer.

9e1aae633d3c320832c8275e6892b1b1.jpg

I'm brand new to the forum and the CB750 platform.

I got my 1980 CB750K from my brother in law for free last summer. He had gotten it from our father in law almost 9 years ago in pristine condition. He immediately put it under a tarp and never fired it up in the whole time that he had the bike. I got it running last summer and plan to ride it for a few years before doing any major modifications.

I just joined today - but I've had my '72 for about two years. Added a MAC pipe, complete wiring harness, turn signals, braided brake line, pod filters (cuz they look better!), tires, dyna ignition, bar-end mirrors, and a few other dingles. Glad to be in the group.
IMG_0853.jpg

My two project 750's

Hi Folks, new to the site, just bought a springer fork from Ray, who pointed me to this site when I told him what I was working with, thanks to Ray for steering me in this direction cause it's a great site.
Now, after seeing all the sweet restored rides on here, not sure I want to mess one up by chopping it, anyways here they are, bought them both in 2009 and I can finally get time to start fixing them up, once it warms up a bit.
The plan is to make one into a chopper and make a cafe racer out of the other, but plans are written in sand, so they may change.
CB750F.jpgCB750K_10yr_AnnivEd.jpg

Keep you guys posted

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1426280358415.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1426280358415.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 133
  • uploadfromtaptalk1426280382270.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1426280382270.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 126
this bike is killer. Good work.. I just picked up my 79 cb750 k to do something similar.. What type forks are on the front and were did you get your seat?
@ the menace

Hey guys, I'm new to the site but I've got an 81 cb chop. Bought it stock and got it to this point over the couple of years I've owned it image.jpgimage.jpg

tmilio, I am totally digging that DOHC! I love it! Is that a stock frame with a hard tail kit on it? And im loving the raked neck. You do that and if so, how tough was it?

Hippie459 no sir it's a nos frame produced in the 70's for a sohc that was sitting in some old timers garage for 40 years. Crazy craigslist find!

Right on! Thats awesome. Only thing I would do different is put a 2 up seat on it (Not a fan of the solo seats like that for some reason really) but only cause I do have a passenger that goes with half the time. And the exhaust, I would keep the lines but loose that hard 90 in them. Other than that, I would ride the snot out of it, even as is! :D

Back