• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Is this Craiglist find worth it?

Aerosol

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm looking for a bike to work on as a first serious project. So I took to craiglist and found this:

00707_76RfVa0Zmqy_600x450.jpg

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/mcy/5743785435.html

The description says it's missing the engine head and the carburetor as far as the poster can tell. I don't mind buying parts, though I would like to ultimately keep this under $3000.

Is this a good idea?

If Your going to invest 3k in a bike, Take say 2k and buy something decent and go from there. That thing looks like a P.O.S. good for spare parts maybe just My opinion.

Thanks guys. Mind going into why it's not even worth trying to restore? Keeping in mind that I don't need a bike, just want a project.

My 72 sohc was in 10 times better shape than the one Your looking at and I probably have at least 2k in parts in it and still need more, Did most of the work Myself. I,m positive You will hit Your spending mark and only be more than half done if Your going for a full restore. Like I said Your better off finding a bike that at least runs. I have seen them go for $750 on up running but still needed some TLC. Don,t get into a money pit with something like that one. Good luck which ever way You go.

It's not a 750, like a 360 twin from what I see. Besides that, not enough parts there to make a project, only a parts bike to strip even more off of. If it's been around or in the rain like it looks, the top end will be locked and probably crank no good too, you can't leave a top end open long term like that with no damage. I wouldn't give $50 for it. 360s you can buy all day long if you find one for $150 complete missing little but in that rough condition.

Back