How can I lower my 77 'k a couple inches?

hje_326

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been trying to find out how I can lower my 77 CB750k a couple/few inches so that I can sit a little more comfortable on it. Lowering could make it look a little meaner too.

Shorter shocks in the rear and you can raise the forks in the trees a little or limit travel internally with spacers to lower them. You'll have to check tire and fender and clearances and handling will be affected. You could also shave your seat to get the seat height down, but that won't help with comfort. If you lower the bike, you'll have to modify the side stand.

Thanks for the tips! Another question, if I do get shorter shocks in the rear do I need to lower the front as well?
I'm trying to figure out time/materials so that I can get back on the road as soon as I can.

Dont have to it will be higher in the front and give your bike more rake and mess with the geometry a little. But people have been dropping the rear of the 750s since the bikes came out so it does work. In the old days they used a bolt on bracket for the stock rear shocks that dropped the rear about 1". If you want stock handling just lower then you would need to drop the front and rear the same amount.

My 75 CB750K is lowered 1" front and rear using the lowering brackets and the tubes raised in the trees 1". Looks mean and low. :D

em2MI2r.jpg

My cafe has a 16" rear wheel 9 3/4 shocks and a cb360 front on it it sits very low, handles great and looks very cool. Only draw back is my side stand is only about 4 inches long and will drag on hard corners.

I have a '72 with a set of lowering blocks on the rear, and also have a set of shorter shocks sitting on a shelf. I'm not sure there's any difference in handling between the two methods... just how you get the rear end down some.

Back