• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Getting a 79 cb 750 ss

Adjusted cam chain today engine got noticably quiter maybe a little more low end response too. Cant wait to get carbs cleaned and sync, this bike is really starting to grow on me, being the sohc fanatic i am. Still miss rideing my cafe though. Got to get the dohc up to pare then back to work on the k2 cafe.

Hopefully i'll get to ride tomorrow and test out the work i did on real road condition instead of a quick test run. I ride 25 miles one way to work

Bikes been running well ut i have rattle developing im the left muffler i feel a baffle is coming loose. Going to drill out rivets and check baffles maybe remove them , dont really care for sound of the stock pipes anyway i like a little more aggresive sound👍

Rode home in the rain today about 8 miles into my comute bike started to miss and sputter a little ok if i kept rpms over 5 k got into town and was only running on 2 cylinders ran a little better with choke out about 1/3 half way thru town rain let up and she started fireing on all 4 again. After dinner i pulled the stator cover and ignition cover and applied a nice bead of sealent hope it takes care of problem. Will find out tomorrow there is a good chance i'll get into rain on the way home again😁

Got caught in heavy down pour last eve bike started to miss then shut off drifted into the driveway would not start up again. Let it dry out for 45 min ... Dryed myself off bike started right up ran great. Sealed up the coil amd plug wires put dielctric grease in all the connectors i could find. We'll see what hapens!

The mufflers on this bike are quickly falling apart from the inside out , sound terrible above 4k rattle vibrate whisle you name it several rot spots forming on bottom too. I have an old Bassani 4- into 1 from my k2 does any one know if it will fit the dohc, its in great shape and will sound a lot better too.

Put the sohc Bassani exhaust on my 79 750f , matched up to the exhaust ports fine, had to remove the short studs and use longer bolts so the finned flanges would fit with the longer fixed exhaust mounts. The muffler stxks out and down a little more than i like but will do untill i can afford a proper 4 into 1. Noticed a much more responsive throttle on test ride, sounds awsome ,will pull plugs and check if i need to adjust carbs, most likely running lean with a open flow system. Will let you all know how i make out.

Richened up the fuel a little, man this thing has come to life really pulls hard above 6k. Sound is awsome, like a moderen sport bike. Will see how it effects fuel milage after a few days of ridein

You dont need no stinking fuel mileage as long as it sounds good and runs good :bike::D

Good to know the DOHC will sort of fit the SOHC. Have you ridden in the rain since sealing everything up?

Havnt had it in the yet (been lucky) did hose it down had no trouble. Talked to a dohc 750f builder /racer said i need to net my carbs up or i will burn vavles, also said the 79 has nylon bushings in the swing arm and are notoriuos for wearing out quick and get soft with age. This could account for the strange feel i get when going hard into a corner or when i hit a rough section of back road feels like the back end is loose. He said i can use a 900f swing arm and drill out the frame mounts to fit larger hardware. Told him about this site said he'll check it out.

Back