• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Bleeder Valve

zanthor

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
While working on my brakes I discovered the bleeder valve was mostly stripped. I ordered a replacement from my local honda shop and when I went to replace it, I found the one they gave me was too big! They both fit an 8mm wrench but the threaded portion of the replacement was 1-2mm bigger than the one I took out...

Does this mean the shop made an error, do I have a non-standard caliper, is there someplace I can buy just generic bleeder valves until I find the right size? (I can measure, I also reload my own ammo so have quality digital calipers.)

It's a bleeder not a plug.
Unless you want to mess with your wife's head just take it out and go to the store.:bike:

That seems odd, normally I don't have any fluid come out till I pull the handle. You might get a little to drip out but not a flow.

To clarify I don't get squat out of the bleeder unless I squeeze it. The flow comes when I remove the bleeder entirely.

Replaced it tonight, dealership have me the wrong part first try.

You should get a free flow because fluid has to be able to return to the master cylinder when the lever is release so the pad can retract from the rotor. If the bleeder is in you may just get a steady drip but it should be a constant drip. Brake fluid may be getting moisture or dirty if you dont get a good drip/flow. Remember brake fluid absorbs moisture and should be flushed out and changed every couple of years...especially on a motorcycle as there is a very small amount of fluid to start with.

Back