• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

A bunch of CB750s in my garage

fendersrule

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Well just two, so not really a bunch. But I went from having zero motorcycles to two CB750s in one week...quite amazing. My '78 gets here tomorrow. However, my dad found something special, and he had me drive somewhere locally and pick this original '79 LTD for him. Had to tow it back because it ran rough; #4 was missing.

Cleaned the jets on #4 today, and replaced the plugs with OEM. Aired the tires, and put a full tank of premium fuel in along with some seafoam. She hits on all four cylinders, and she's quite fun to ride. This was my first experience of the CB750. You gotta keep the throttle on her otherwise she will die (around turns really), so the pops has got some fun tuning ahead of him. Really nice original bike. Has the original tool kit with it, owners manual, etc. I told him great f'ing luck finding the side cover emblems (to replace those hideous stickers). :)

Notice how big I look, even on a CB750. I'm close to 6'4". What things have you tall riders done to make your CB750 accommodate yourself better?

speedometer on that bike is worth more then most twin cam entire bikes sell for. And those anniversary emblems are made of gold... well close.
And i made a modification that makes me fit perfectly. Goldwing. Cb750 made for 5ft 6in guys

Clean looking 79. I have an 80 thats a basket case right now. The carbs will be the biggest pain in the *ss. The air cut diaphrams on the sides of the carbs like to get old and hard and get holes in them, problem is they are expensive. I found a fix to eliminate them that I am trying at the moment to see how well it works. What ever you do leave the stock airbox on the the bike, you will never get it to run great if you take it out.

My '78 has arrived. Runs and sounds great. Just needs some carb cleanup.

img1550ig.jpg

Aesthetically, it needs a bit of everything. Just needs a thorough replacement on most things. But most are simple things.

The seat will need to be reapolstered (and I may modify the seat a little bit to accomidate myself. The '78 acommodates taller riders significantly more than the '79. The '79 forces you to sit in one position. The '78 is more flexible, and allows you to sit further back. I may cut the foam back just a little more. However, I one one question: Shouldn't the rear of the seat be closer to the fender?

img1551x.jpg

img1552v.jpg

img1560kr.jpg

img1549v.jpg

img1575sm.jpg

If you look at the 79's back of the seat, it's flush with the fender. Should the '78 be like that too? I guess that requires shorter seat coals? I'm thinking about cutting the foam so it can be a flat seat.

Back