• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Winker Horn: Who Has It Connected?

Qaxe

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
Just a little fun here, I was wondering if any of you CB750 riders have your winker horn / turn signal beeper connected.

I had mine hooked up for a short time on my 74', but felt really self-conscious making all that racket. ...which is stupid now that I think of it, as that bike had straight pipes and sounded like a farting trombone.

Just a little fun here, I was wondering if any of you CB750 riders have your winker horn / turn signal beeper connected.

I had mine hooked up for a short time on my 74', but felt really self-conscious making all that racket. ...which is stupid now that I think of it, as that bike had straight pipes and sounded like a farting trombone.
Hi I have my indicator horn connected not only does it warn pedestrians.but also reminds me to cancel the indicators after turning

Good point. I wonder if I can change the "beep" to a woman's voice? "Are we still turning dear?" That would be cool. Of course, I'm from Seattle so the voice would be a lot more sarcastic. "Are you driving around the world to the left, or what?"

Last edited:
Gone long time ago. Pedestrians don’t listen nor look any more. Just walk right in front staring at their phones

Last edited:
People here just walk out in the street because "Of course traffic will stop for me".

So I found my winker horn in a box of parts the other day. The brown /blue stripe wire in my harness had actually been chopped and patched with a bit of tape, so I repaired that properly, reattached the beeper to the bike, made sure it worked, and summarily detached the wires. Such a horrid sound. I'll wait until I find a way to stuff Alexa in my headlight bucket.

People here just walk out in the street because "Of course traffic will stop for me".

So I found my winker horn in a box of parts the other day. The brown /blue stripe wire in my harness had actually been chopped and patched with a bit of tape, so I repaired that properly, reattached the beeper to the bike, made sure it worked, and summarily detached the wires. Such a horrid sound. I'll wait until I find a way to stuff Alexa in my headlight bucket.
I'm on my 10th Honda, and my 3rd CB750 in over 55 years of riding, and I've never even heard of this before this post. Looks like you're not the only one who disconnects them.

Rapper74: Off topic, but I've only heard the term "Cager" used once before, so I thought he just made it up. (I don't get out much)
Old Crow: Once you have 2, they start multiplying in the yard...

I must be hip to the Urban Dictionary at 64!

According to Urban Dictionary, “cager” is a term coined by motorcyclists for drivers of four-wheeled vehicles. It's often used in a derogatory way because a cager isn't willing to share the road with motorcyclists.

I just assumed that it was a commentary on a biker's love for the open freedom of motorcycles vs. being "caged" within walls, a roof and all relative safety. I'll bet there are a lot of similar terms that I don't know...

I was just looking at the manual (R.I.P. social life) and it says that K2 had a "Buzzer stop button" on the handlebar winker switch to cancel the winker-buzzer at crosswalks and such. I only had my K2 for a little while, but I don't recall it having one of those...
K2 folks, what say ye?

Part of it is a regional thing, but my language skills are all *@&$&*'d up anyway. I lived in Japan for years, and almost all of my riding experience with other riders was over there. Everybody says "Winkaa" for turn signals, "Sadoru" (saddle) for motorcycle seat, and so on. To make things really weird, my closets friends over there were a Scot and a Brit. Now everything is well fecked and rubbish. But if I start talking about buying "panniers" for the bike, just taze me.

Old Crow: Once you have 2, they start multiplying in the yard...
Yeah, I was into Harleys for a while and they did that. Had 4 at one point. My wife and I sold our house (and most everything else) and lived full time in a motor home. She passed away a few years back, and now it just me, the dog, the Jeep and the 750. I know where there's a nice Triumph I wouldn't mind owning but the trailer I pull isn't long enough for the Jeep and 2 bikes. Must.Control.My. Impulses. :laugh2:

My K3 beeps while the turn signals flash. I thought it was something custom the previous owner did. Was this a factory feature on certain years?

The Turn Signal Buzzer was a factory part from at least K2-K8. Honda wanted everyone to be annoying. I know next to nothing about pre-K2s, but based on photos of the headlight brackets... doesn't look like they did. CB500s and 550fours had em too. Funky.

Of all the parts on the bike, this device feels like the most old-fashioned.

EDIT: According to the manual, the K2 left bar switch has a button that cancels the buzzer sound. What about your K3 Sverbanic? Do you have such a button?

Last edited:
The Turn Signal Buzzer was a factory part from at least K2-K8. Honda wanted everyone to be annoying. I know next to nothing about pre-K2s, but based on photos of the headlight brackets... doesn't look like they did. CB500s and 550fours had em too. Funky.

Of all the parts on the bike, this device feels like the most old-fashioned.

EDIT: According to the manual, the K2 left bar switch has a button that cancels the buzzer sound. What about your K3 Sverbanic? Do you have such a button?
I could find no button to turn the beeping function off.

Attachments

• 20230902_082443.jpg
    20230902_082443.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 34
I've done a little bit of looking now, and "cb750k turn signal beeper cancel button" brought up several images of the awkward looking thing. Somebody wants $280 for one on Ebay... バカ高えぇ~! (That's so expensive, I turned into an anime character for a second.)
Unless I'm wrong, it appears that the cancel button was only there in 1972, and then it went away again. How odd.

Back