• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Suspension question

OSU1990

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Just purchased a 92 nighthawk 750 with 21000 miles on it. I love the bike but the ride is terrible. It feels like the rear shocks don't work at all. They are real stif. You can push on the seat and the shocks don't move at all. The shocks are on the lowest setting.
One of the front fork seals is leaking, so I know that I need to put new seals in the front forks.
What is a good aftermarket shock for this bike?
Any other suggestions on how to make it ride better?
Thanks in advance.

I put a set of YSS shocks on my 1992 Nighthawk. Made a big difference in ride.
tempImagesakbnz.jpg

Racetech has a great website (although looks very dated) that gives you spring recommendations based on your skill, riding style, weight, etc.

When you rebuild your forks, it would be worth looking into getting their springs. See how you like that set up, and if you want further damping control, you can add their emulators the next time you service your forks.

You could also see how the ride is like with rebuilt forks using OEM parts, and then focus on replacing the rear shocks.

Personally, I'm saving up for some Ikon's. IIRC, they used to be the same company that made Koni's which we're known to be reliable aftermarket shocks for cars. The Ikon's are also rebuildable.

You could always get some Ohlin's but be prepared to shell out at least $800.

I have a 1992 nighthawk. I'm a little on the short legged side.. and would like to drop the rear a couple inches. Any suggestions?

Back