• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New member with caliper question

KCKC

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've a 1979 Honda cb750 kz that I've had in storage for about 8 years and I'm finally getting round to getting it back on the road.
Its in pretty good condition but when I bought it didn't have the front brake calipers on so after getting them out the box of bits I've noticed the left-hand caliper bleed screw hole has been cross threaded so rather than mess about trying to tap and put a bigger screw in I thought I'd get a secondhand one and rebuild. But after looking I can't find one that looks like what I have so what I'd like to no is, is my caliper the right one for my bike? cb750-3.jpg
cb750-1.jpg
cb750-2.jpg

Thanks

Don't know if it is the corrrect caliper, but there is a solution to the bleed screw. A kit is available (many parts stores, plus Amazon) with a brass replacement seat and steel bleeder. You dill out and tap the old corrupted hole to 1/8" IPT, clean the swarf out thoroughly, and install the brass replacement seat and new bleeder. I've done it on several and keep a spare kit in the toolbox for those old snapped-off bleeders.

Back