• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New guy from MN

scubee

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey everyone... Just joined because I decided to finally do something with my '80 cb750. Would really like to start over with a practically complete rebuild. I bought it 4 years ago and never rode it because it needed a little work. Between buying a house, moving, and buying a brand new bike I just never got around to this project. But now it is on the top of my list... Can't post a pic of its current state from the iPad.. I'll jump on the computer in a bit and post one up. Just wanted to say hi to everyone.

Here's a pic of its current state, which isn't much different than how I bought it. Only thing I changed was got rid of the horrible flame paint job the guy had done and went with a flat black:
27179_386930396493_226257_n.jpg

Really would like to start over with a cafe style build. So I'm sure I'll be shopping around for a new (used, original) frame here in the near future. Plus, hoping to get ideas and help from everyone on this forum.

Last edited:
What little riding I did on it was not very comfortable. The tank digs into your inner thigh with how the seat is positioned.

Plus I have just become infatuated with the classic cafe look over the past year while seeing people custom build their sportsters in that style. My other bike is an HD Sportster 48.

i figured the seat was a problem lol. i'd just cut the seat area off and start over. unless you like the stock dual shock set up.

Hey Scubee...welcome to the forum! That sure is a trick looking bike...but yes it does look a little uncomfortable...maybe flatten the seat out a little will give it a more of a cafe look

Back