• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Hondaline fairing mounting question.

Walt

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I've thrown this out there a few ago without success. I bought this bike last year. The previous owner bought it and then just stored it for five years before selling it to me. My question is, does anyone have any pics of the mounting brackets to attach the Hondaline fairing? I've seen a bike like this with the Honda fairing on it so I know the mounts were out there.
IMG_20230704_164721995_HDR.jpg

Maybe vintagecb750 has something? Or cb750supply? I would email them asking if they have something, that isn't something would have on their site. But the businesses' owners may have come across things.

That looks like one that may have been built by Vetter. The mounting hardware would be similar anyway. Vetter was still running a website a while ago. Look for Vetter info and you might find some clues. The brackets were simply flat bar and rods. The last bike I bought with a fairing I took it off before loading the bike and left it there. Had one before that I couldn't give away.

That looks like one that may have been built by Vetter. The mounting hardware would be similar anyway. Vetter was still running a website a while ago. Look for Vetter info and you might find some clues. The brackets were simply flat bar and rods. The last bike I bought with a fairing I took it off before loading the bike and left it there. Had one before that I couldn't give away.
I'll check that out.

That's a nice bike you have there. It would be a pity to put that fairing on it.
I've given that a lot of thought. I do like the naked look. On the other side of the coin there are so few optioned out with the fairing and bags that I'm compelled to return it to that state. That also solves my problem with the wiring mess from a previous owner adding non stock signal and headlights.

Sometimes things just work out. I stopped by our local small town Honda dealer and relayed my dilemma. They took on the challenge and after a couple hours called to say they found a nos bracket! I should have it in my hands within the week!
Thanks for the help folks!

Sometimes things just work out. I stopped by our local small town Honda dealer and relayed my dilemma. They took on the challenge and after a couple hours called to say they found a nos bracket! I should have it in my hands within the week!
Thanks for the help folks!
Wow, the parts guy at the local Honda dealer where I lived pitched a fit about having to look up a stupid 8MM bolt for my '79.

I went to pick up what I thought would be just a bracket. Turns out to be a whole kit! Glad there's a manual!

Attachments

• IMG_20240308_144636626.jpg
    IMG_20240308_144636626.jpg
    440.5 KB · Views: 13
Back