frequent lurker, first time poster

moparren

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello all

I have been a fan of old Honda's ever since my first bike, a '66 CT90, and have been thinking about early CB750's for some time. last summer my uncle mentioned that the guy across the street had one in his back yard. Feelers were sent out and he was willing to sell but getting a hold of him was hit or miss. Every few weeks I would ask but nothing moved. Until 6 weeks ago. That was when the neighbor was told to clean up the house or it would be condemned by the end of February. Time to step up my game. Tried two weekends in a row and kept missing him. Finally the stars aligned and I got access Friday afternoon.

This is what I found.
IMG_20160212_155643_161[1].jpg
Dude is a nice guy but has some serious issues with hording and apparently he just cruses back alleys and brings home stuff and this was a back corner of the back yard filled with piles of scrap with barely room to walk through.

Two hours and 30 yards later this is what it looks like.
IMG_20160212_170850_646[1].jpg

The bike is a '75 model and 99% complete, all that is missing is the left side panel and turn signals. As far as I can tell it has been sitting outside since the eighties and is going to take some work but the price was right. $200 and I'm also getting a 1200 Goldwing and a Helix scooter.

Anyway, that's my story.

Welcome... Fairly new myself. Tucson, huh? Packrats eat the seat and everything wired or rubber off it?

Last edited:
Haven't pulled the tank yet so I cant say for sure but it doesn't look like the furry little bastards got to it. The seat damage is plain 'ol Arizona sun. Seats of bikes left out in the open have a life of two or three years and this one has been sitting since the '80s.

Yep. The southwest's version of road salt. I've lost entire wiring harnesses, air cleaners, seats, carpets... I don't know how much money I've lost to pack rats. Hate 'em with a passion.

Back