Electrical charging issues

Edsoto

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Edgar, How are you all doing? So, I have a 1980 CB 750 costume. I started having issues with it last year and since then I have replaced the voltage rectifier, the rotor, the stator generator, the carbon brushes and The battery. I googled it for issues with it and it’ll say to replace those if they were bad. Now, it’s still drops the charge after I drive it for about a week. That means, that I have to charge the battery fully to use it again. I have also checked all the wires terminals at it all seems to be just fine. I checked for any voltage/current drops anywhere and it’s just fine. .It has been doing that ever since. Can someone help me? Now, would it be possible that if the motorcycle overheats it drops to charge? Can someone please help me, I sure would appreciate . thank you

Rotor can fail when hot. Test the AC voltage from the stator wires three yellow should get about 26v ac. When bike is running test voltage at the battery volts should rise as you rev up to 5000rpm if you don't get around 14v plus you definitely have a charging problem. Plenty videos on u tube. Good luck

Iam also having the same trouble and mine is a 1980 cb 750f supersport.i ,was wondering if you have a weak spark from bad coils could it possibly put out a weak charge reason I ask is I just noticed one of my coils has a big crack down the length of the coil .I'm sure it s not a good thing but .could it play a role in my charging issue any help is welcome .I'm tired of charging battery all the time.open for new ideas please help me save this ol bike

Back