• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Cylinder 2

Qahmad99

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience or trouble with one of your exhaust pipes being unevenly hot? I have a 78’ that will fire up great and runs pretty good but exhaust pipe #2 will not warm up as fast as the other 3. It’s not completely cold it just doesn’t get as hot as the others. I’m counting exhaust pipe 1 from the clutch lever to 4 on the front brake lever side of the bike.

You're counting them correctly. Not sure if cylinder 2 matters too much. Can you say it runs fine when warm?

They are normally all very close, if one is noticeably cooler there is an issue, either fuel, lack of spark or lack of compression. I would guess you have a partially plugged pilot jet.

They are normally all very close, if one is noticeably cooler there is an issue, either fuel, lack of spark or lack of compression. I would guess you have a partially plugged pilot jet.
I plan to pull the plug’s tomorrow and check them out just to make sure they’re good then move on to fuel issue as you mentioned. Compression is within spec.

I was thinking clogged pilot, too. Or maybe a sticky float valve. But if the bike ran fine, then maybe it wasn't a big issue. But checking the spark plug is a good idea to rule things out

Back