• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Complete novice question.

Bcoggin

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I changed out my right front fork and both of my fork seals, which was a a rather ambitious project for me but I accomplished it. During the course of that I disconnected the brake line from the actual assembly that pushes the pads into the rotar (I hope I called everything the right thing).

Unfortunately when I reconnected the brake line the hand lever seems to have no resistance and the pads aren't clamping down on the rotar. I felt like this meant I had air in the line, so after watching a few videos I feel I have probably gotten the air out of the line but I still get no resistance when engaging the front brake and no braking on it.

Am I just not able to get the air out, or do I have a simpler problem and I just don't realize it? The brake assembly seem loose on the rotar and I can't remember if it was like that before. Any help or advice would be appreciated. I have a 1979 cb750k. No idea if the brake is stock. The brake line is braided steel, so I'm positive it's after market.

Back