• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Clearance between the outside surface of the brake disc

ralphie

Ralphie Boy
Reaction score
Clearance between the outside surface of the brake disc and the right side of the calliper holder. On my 1982 CB750 it is calling for 0.7 mm or 0.028 in feeler gauge in the manual. I can't achieve. Once I tighten the axle in for it to shoulder on that spacer it can't be achieved. I have clearance but I don't have 0.7mm. Has anyone had a similar situation and what did you do?

Correction on Post

Clearance between the outside surface of the brake disc and the right side of the calliper holder. On my 1982 CB750 it is calling for 0.7 mm or 0.028 in feeler gauge in the manual. I can't achieve. Once I tighten the axle up for it to shoulder on it can't be achieved. It can't shoulder up on the offset. I have clearance but I don't have 0.7mm. Has anyone had a similar situation and what did you do?

How did .7 mm. turn into 5/32"????

Or .028" to .150"+? That's quite a jump there.

Not rocket science, misassembly of parts would be my first guess.

You loosen the fork at axle to spread the fork legs apart enough to get your clearance, get both down to your .028" and then tighten it all back up and recheck.

Back