• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Chicago Motorcylce Shops

DSlo

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

So far the CB site has saved me when it comes to making sure my engine is running right, where to find extra parts and how to fix almost anything. The one thing I dont think I can do is sync my crabs since I dont have the tools. The 75 CB750 rebuild from last year is running great but wondering if anyone knew of a decent shop in IL. to do the carb tuning. I feel like a loser asking the group but want to make sure its done right. I hear horror stories a lot around here and just dont want to end up with a screwed up machine.

Thanks for your help!

You will be lucky to get a shop that wants to work on these things. Seems all the current techs are to lazy or too good to work on these old things. To be honest if you plan on keeping the bike you should just invest in a set of decent gauges and sync them yourself. You will more than pay for the gauges for what a shop is going to charge you to do it. If you keep it for more than a year or two you will need to check the sync again anyway. They aren't set and forget. As the linkage wears, engine wears...the sync will change and need to be adjusted. It is part of the factory tune-up routine to throw the gauges on and check the sync.

Ace Motorcycle and Scooter in Chicago is into vintage bikes. They have gotten good press and were featured on Café Racer TV. They are located just west of the Loop I think.

M&M motorsports in Westmont, west burbs, work on nothing but older bikes. When I first bought mine I had them do a few things on it. You might want to try them.

Back