• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

cb750fb rear brake

jezz

CB750 New member
Reaction score
hi just after advice on above rear caliper,as this bike ive recently tided up the rear caliper mount is touching the disc ever so slightly on the outside more than the inside is this normal,as ive never seen another cb750f(1981) around these parts(uk) to compare with,its as if the disc is
to wide ?

Last edited:
When you say outside, do you mean the piston side? If so, the piston is not retracting far enough and you may need to bleed the brakes again. I had to do that a couple of times on my SS before it worked.

yes piston side,but its the actual frame of the caliper thats touching ive checked spacers there all ok,i know theres not much space either side but one side is worst
than the other,as if its had a knock at some time.

That's a pretty hefty piece to get knocked out of whack. Time for - what do you call it over there - the auto jumble to look for a replacement?

yes piston side,but its the actual frame of the caliper thats touching ive checked spacers there all ok,i know theres not much space either side but one side is worst
than the other,as if its had a knock at some time.

Is there no way to get a good image posted? Is it twisted side to side or bent over?
I'm not sure I am understanding the explanation of your problem.

Back