• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Candy Alpha vs. Candy Presto

scubanerdnick

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi all and greetings from northern Virginia. This is my obligatory I'm new here post/question. I just purchased a 1978 K with a K rear with a F front. Needless to say I want to make it into a full K8, which is what my Dad had years ago and I learned to ride on. So I'm just in a research phase now but I've come across a question. Most of the paint color descriptions I see for the bike refer to two colors: Excel Black and Candy Alpha Red. However I also saw mention of a Candy Presto Red and I can't seem to find any pictures which shows the difference between the two reds. My ultimate goal would be to get it to the color my Dad had (a beautiful almost burgundy color) but I'm not sure which red that is. Could anyone steer me in the right direction?

A couple pics of the bike are included for anyone curious.

Attachments

• IMG_6203.jpg
    IMG_6203.jpg
    573.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6207.jpg
    IMG_6207.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 52
So I think I found the answer and it was just me getting confused. Looks like the Candy Presto was a color for the 78 750F model. Not sure if anyone out there with a 78 Super Sport could confirm or not?

Back