• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1980 750 Custom vs. 1981 750K difference?

smirk

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I own a 1980 750c. Got it running sweet. My only complaint is this models seat height. I am 6' 7" and want a flat saddle vs the King \ Queen it came with. I see a parts bike with a nice seat but it is a 1981 750k. What was the difference in the two models?

I own a 1980 750c. Got it running sweet. My only complaint is this models seat height. I am 6' 7" and want a flat saddle vs the King \ Queen it came with. I see a parts bike with a nice seat but it is a 1981 750k. What was the difference in the two models?
Tank shape is different, side covers, seat pan, too. The metal tab on the front of the K's seat pan (that holds the seat down under the tank) goes down and then forward. The C's tab that goes under the tank is straight. You can't switch seats btwn the K and C.

Taste/aesthetics, too. The bikes also have different gauge clusters. My VTX came in 5 or 6 different models; R, S, C F, N. Might have also been a T model, don't remember.

Back