• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

What is the thick wire coming from underneath my engine?

motoshed

CB750 Member
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question but I have a 1980 cb750 supersport that I've completely torn down to the frame and put back. I didn't take enough pictures and cannot figure out where the thick wire coming from underneath the engine goes. It has a termination like it is the negative on the battery or it is a large ground. The gauge is like a 4 or greater and it is not very flexible. I am just learning the wiring side of things! ! Any help would be appreciated.

Take a picture of it and post it so we know what you are talking about. There shouldn't be any wires that big coming from underneath the motor.

I took a picture and cannot figure out how to post it. I just looked at it again and it is probably an 8 gauge with what looks like a black battery cap on it.

It comes between the swing arm and the engine from below and forward. It has a battery cap and a flat round termination with a hole in it.

Back