• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

What have you done to tidy up all the wires in the headlight ...

BIKERDAD

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not that electrical minded on bikes an cars an that so I'm wondering what you guys have done to your headlight .might start with an explanation my 750 fn2 has been thro the wire butchers and inside the headlight its completely packed with wires that just about fit the headlight together it's such a mess in there .
Does all the 750 have loads of wires in the headlight like mine. as I'm going to try and tidy up the mess in there maybe moving some the build up to under the seat or somthing
I see other motorbikes with such Tidy wiring harnesses like one thin wire to the clocks an so on .
Why is there so much wire an relay switches (I think that's what they are ) .
I'll post a pic an show you how bulkey it is . Cheers iain

Post a picture, that might help. But just identifying each wire using a wiring diagram would help, that way you would at least identify any wires that were not used, doubled up, or could be integrated into one e.g. a common earth wire.

Hi here is the offending article. I forgot I tided it up but its stilla mess .all I did was wrap tape around wires to bulk them out the way as I could not get the headlight back in place due to all wires and I guess relays .
Could I take any the wires in reroute them to say by the air box .so just having a pair or so wires rather than big bulky relays (if that's what they are ) I'm sure once the bulky stuff out it be a lot more space .
So any ideas guys . Thanks 😊

Attachments

• 20231025_175837.jpg
    20231025_175837.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 20231025_175907.jpg
    20231025_175907.jpg
    545 KB · Views: 38
Looks like an aftermarket diode/resistor (probably for blinkers) but other than that, looks fine. These are typically pretty full headlight buckets.

Wow really I thought it was a bird nest mess .you could be right as the about the blinkers/indecators as the back ones are smaller the front original

Apart from the two rectangular boxes at 2 o’clock and 7 o’clock, and the wiring from them, it looks like mine. As brettp posted they can be a pretty full headlight bucket.

Back