• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Electrical blocks in head light .

BIKERDAD

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all . I'm at the start of a bike strip down and in my other post about headlight mess .you guys have said it's tidy .thanks for that .anyway iv taken it apart and there is 4 electrical blocks in there to join the cable in the loom to the handle bar bits .
Can anyone tell me what is the logic on they what is the reason for the cables to be split .
As I'm going to do away with these blocks and join the wires together is there a reason that they are split.
Why not just one long wire loom thank iain

So you can change components easily by separating the connectors (gauges, etc.).

Hi there .OK it's just iv had this bike for 8 years or so an never had to do anything in the headlight apart for trying to get the headlight back in to the mess an close it up again (new light bulbs ) so it's just a mess /hassle why I'm thinking doing away with the blocks .

Would you or any others know of a more compact smaller connection blocks ??? So I could swap rather than do away.
An make a bit more room in the headlight. Cheers an thanks for replying .

Not that I know of. The only way to save room would be eliminate connections altogether (not recommended), or change them all to spade or bullet connectors.

Back