• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Advice one total strip down fn2 .

BIKERDAD

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all iv parked my 96 reg fn2 as its gettinga bit untidy need of some TLC .
So 1st off iv never done anything like this before but still want to have a go .

So any advice on what you think the process should be how to mark up stuff an list .
as I hope to have the frame power coated wheels as well (what ever they do to the wheels ) .
And many of the small bits replaced with new !! Nuts bolts rubbers so on !!
Iv taken the off so far only doing a small bit time .
Plastics
Tank
Foot pegs
Crash bars
Front calipers (ordered a new kit for them front and back )
Speedo front brake lines (changing to new ones )
Mud guard
All extras I fitted. heated seat .running lights. heared grips .tall screen Alarm. Scot oiler ( pain in the arse should be called) .

Iv bought a load wee drug dealer bags and what ever nuts an bolts screws I take off I put in there own wee bag and when I go to put them back on if there rusted buy new .
So any advice will be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20180516_022825.jpg
    20180516_022825.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 37
Hi All .iv taken quite a few things off and it's looking bit bare lol . Two things 1st I'm about to take apart the back brake caliper off the bike and all bits associated with it iv never done this b4 an I'm stuck at the back brake . The arm thing that comes out the brake master cylinder goes down towards foot peg I thought it was a bolt with split pin but it's not it's not even a bolt as it's crawling under the bike I can't see much..... how do you get that part apart . As I want the whole thing off in like 1 part .line. cylinder . Clips to hold it in place ..

2and I bought some ...rust remover .... its a spray on rust remover or leave the part soking in the stuff now iv seen loads of adds that say this work this is amazing an find they don't work .

Well this stuff does .I had a really rusty part an wanted it cleaned . So I submerged it in this rust remover .24rs later . No longer clear stuff it's all cloudy but the part was shining the rust gone 100% and wow . Iv not seen stuff like this before as all the items it's a scam .
Cheers

Hi all so iv stripped the bike juat got the engine to do then it's finding all the holes an putting bolts in them as the powder coat stuff fills all holes so you got to block everyone you need to use .
I got to say taken it apart is rather easy putting it back I guess is the hard part lol

Hi all . So its been a few months now and due to cold weather iv not done as much to the strip down as I planed but today I got the wiring harness off marked up the plugs and taken the carbs off . The wiring is not as bad as I thought it's just the back section been chopped an butchered so that my next fix as iv got the carbs off as I said and by god the amount of crap that's on them is amazing disgusting the two top lids on the inside by the frame are rusted to death yet the two out side lids are nice and shiny .also I found one of the rubber tube things the carbs go in to when ever it was out on it was pinched as the bottom so looks like I need a new one them as well .hope they sell them single not as set of 4 .

The swing arm is booked in for powder coating middle month so looking forward to that . And the amount of rubbish rust an crap the was inside the swing arm there two holes in it to let the crap out but the bottom one was blocked so all the stuff could not get-out I had to drill the hole a bit bigger an put hose in to it to try and wash out the crap as it was rock solid. .
So it's clean as a whistle now .

Hi all . So its been a few months now and due to cold weather iv not done as much to the strip down as I planed but today I got the wiring harness off marked up the plugs and taken the carbs off . The wiring is not as bad as I thought it's just the back section been chopped an butchered so that my next fix as iv got the carbs off as I said and by god the amount of crap that's on them is amazing disgusting the two top lids on the inside by the frame are rusted to death yet the two out side lids are nice and shiny .also I found one of the rubber tube things the carbs go in to when ever it was out on it was pinched as the bottom so looks like I need a new one them as well .hope they sell them single not as set of 4 .

The swing arm is booked in for powder coating middle month so looking forward to that . And the amount of rubbish rust an crap the was inside the swing arm there two holes in it to let the crap out but the bottom one was blocked so all the stuff could not get-out I had to drill the hole a bit bigger an put hose in to it to try and wash out the crap as it was rock solid. .
So it's clean as a whistle now .
Pics of the carbs' hoses you're talking about?

Hi its the rubber type black hose that goes on to the carbs then fit to the engine I don't know what there called . You got the air box then carbs then these hose things then engine .
I really don't know anything about carbs so I was asking can a bike shop clean them up and get them right or do they need the bike aswell

Yes, they are.
By the way, you can find names to stuff via partzilla.com or revzilla.com. there are other sites, too.
I've done it multiple times so I know what part I'm searching for, etc.

Back