• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Use a Guitar string

Your float, float height, valve, or seat is the issue. I bought floats for a cx500 recently that didn't seat the valve correctly and overflow was a constant issue. Bought another set and things were corrected.

Could be a number of things. Floats way out of adjustment. Fuel needles not seating properly and not shutting off the fuel. Not the correct fuel needles to go with the floats you are using. Cracked overflow tubes. Were the seats polished up nice before the float and fuel needle were installed? I would start there.

Wacky, what causes the overflow tubes to crack? I've been fortunate enough to never see that in my carb work so far, but now I know to keep an eye out and keep my soldering iron handy...

I don't know why are you guys afraid of using PROPER SIZE guitar string!?
I followed this carb rebuild manual which used guitar string and my carbs are working flawless! Highly recommend these instructions, but please don't skip steps and take your time!

Attachments

• Honda_Carb_Manual_revG (1).pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 15
Bad fuel, maybe. Sitting drained might do it, too. I was successful soldering the overflow tube because the hairline crack was above the base of the bowl. Solder won't adhere to aluminum, so if the crack is at the base, I'm not sure what to do except fabricate a new one.

Well, my fuel needles are not seating. My issues are with the seat valves
Not sealing. They are pressed in and ( need replaceing ) ??
Any way to replace those seat valves? Best way to clean them ?

Buy new seat/float valves. When cleaning the fuel inlet, I've used brasso on a qtip that was in a drill. Saw that trick on YouTube. Wipe out, then flush with carb cleaner after cleaning so all the brasso is gone.

Buy new seat/float valves. When cleaning the fuel inlet, I've used brasso on a qtip that was in a drill. Saw that trick on YouTube. Wipe out, then flush with carb cleaner after cleaning so all the brasso is gone.
I wouldn't use qtip on the drill but do it manually, polishing float valve seats was also one of the steps in manual I posted!!!

My carbs are leaking out the over flows. All new parts inside.
Took them off twice now.. please advise..
VB 42 A carbs..
There could be small hairline cracks in the overflow tubes. I had two of them cracked and repaired them with solder. Take the bowl off, fill it with liquid, plug the top of the tube, connect a tube to the bottom connection and blow into the tube. if you see bubble, that is your problem.

Wacky, what causes the overflow tubes to crack? I've been fortunate enough to never see that in my carb work so far, but now I know to keep an eye out and keep my soldering iron handy...
Mine had hairline cracks parallel to the tube. I wonder if water got in them and they froze? Easy fix with solder. I used low melting point solder and a grill lighter for the heat source to solder it.

Back