Tune up time

kal-el428

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am rather new to motorcycles and need to be taken to school. I bought my 76’ 750F last summer and rode the wheels off it. I feel that my bike runs well, but after reading the MPG thread, I see that my average MPG is on the lower side compared to others claiming 40-50. Mine is roughly 39 MPG over several tanks.
There is a local Honda specific bike shop that I am thinking about taking my bike to in the spring for a tune up, unless I can do it myself.
This is the needing to go to school part. Does anybody have good advise on what I should look at? Timing, valves, plugs & wires, etc.…
Maybe a website with some how-to’s?

Last edited:
Look at everything. Check and adjust ignition timing and check condition of points. Adjust valves. Adjust timing chain. Check, gap or replace plugs. Oil change. Check carb sync. Air filter condition. Most manuals have good tune up sections. If you havent done anything you should check all of it then you know what you have. Ask away on here we can walk you through the checks and adjustments.

depend's on what kind of riding you do as city and highway differ. for combo mile's, thats not bad at all. bring it over and i'll help you go through it, it's not hard at all. or leave it with me for a weekend and i'll go through it for you.

Back