• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Throttle sticking bad routing?

thejet95

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hoping someone has some ideas for me. I have professionally rebuilt and synced dual carbs from Murray's carbs. Had a previous thread about carb problems before I sent them off to Murray's. It now runs amazing other then the sticking problem. They came back with all new throttle cables as well. It is a single cable from the throttle tube then splits to 2 cables going to each carb.

When on center stand I can rev the engine, the throttle instantly snaps back, no sign of sticking at all. As soon as I ride it however it sticks consistently around 3k rpm and will only drop if I rev the engine. Downshifting won't really work to lower the rpms off throttle it just stays at 3k and pushes the bike forward, which is scary. Only way to stop it is to rev the engine in between shifts and when slowing down.

I have tried re routing the cables a myriad of different ways, no difference. Bought a motion pro cable luber and some cable spray and went to town. Made zero difference. I will attach photos of how the cable is currently routed, which is over the frame but under the tank, then through the left front fork and up to the right throttle grip. Does this seem correct?

Wondering if there is another possible problem other then the cables sticking. In other words can the cable be fine and the throttle be elevated by some other means either
by electrical (points?), or some other mechanical issue?

Attachments

• throttle routing 1.jpg
    throttle routing 1.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 17
  • throttle routing 2.jpg
    throttle routing 2.jpg
    463.1 KB · Views: 11
Back