• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Starter clutch housing cover

Dyl81cb750

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me find new starter clutch housing replacement bolts for an 1981 cb750k? It’s 8 bolts total 2 long and 6 short. And possibly a website to get a good rubber gasket I’m having oil leaking issues from the bottom of the housing. Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_1205.jpeg
    IMG_1205.jpeg
    376.5 KB · Views: 23
https://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/a/hon/506f6f2df8700229747b7b60/clutch-cover
This is my personal go-to source for factory Honda parts. sometimes they do have pricing listed for parts, but when you place the order they will tell you they can't get it. I cant imaging this would be the case for clutch cover bolts or the gasket. At the very least you can usually find useful information such as thread size and length of bolts that you can then use to source your hardware elsewhere. in your case, you are looking for M6x32 and M6x40 metric flange bolts. as far as the gasket goes, you will likely only be able to find the factory paper style gaskets which I personally would prefer. rubber does not fair as well under heat or constant exposure to oils.

Last edited:
Thank you so much I was having a hard time finding proper bolts. I will go ahead and order the bolts and gasket and pray that it solves my oil leaking issue. Do you think new bolts and gasket will solve my issue? If not I guess I’ll sand the cover and where the cover mounts in that place where it is leaking and see if I can get a better seal.
https://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/a/hon/506f6f2df8700229747b7b60/clutch-cover
This is my personal go-to source for factory Honda parts. sometimes they do have pricing listed for parts, but when you place the order they will tell you they can't get it. I cant imaging this would be the case for clutch cover bolts or the gasket. At the very you can usually find useful information such as thread size and length of bolts that you can then use to source your hardware elsewhere. in your case, you are looking for M6x32 and M6x40 metric flange bolts. as far as the gasket goes, you will likely only be able to find the factory paper style gaskets which I personally would prefer. rubber does not fair as well under heat or constant exposure to oils.

as a friend of mine always says "its hard tellin' not knowin'". if the leak is coming from your gasket, then signs point to yes. but you have to make sure your mating surfaces as as clean as can be. I use a razor blade to remove gasket junks, then a sharpening stone on the mating surface to make sure I remove any high points. make sure you use gasket sealer on both sides too but don't go crazy with it. I always put a light amount then finger paint until it covers everything but wont squish out all over the place.

Back