• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Spin on oil fiter?

DouginDixie

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Did I read somewhere on here that there is a spin on oil filter to replace the stock filter on a 1980 750? I think someone said it was an auto filter that worked quite well? I'm just thinking that would be easier to deal with than the stock set up. Thoughts and opinions?

adapter

Did I read somewhere on here that there is a spin on oil filter to replace the stock filter on a 1980 750? I think someone said it was an auto filter that worked quite well? I'm just thinking that would be easier to deal with than the stock set up. Thoughts and opinions?
Several auto filters will work. YOu have to make or buy the adapter. I've seen em on ebay. I bought the Honda threaded oem part (forget its name) modified it and use it. If you need specifics let me know.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-HONDA-C...OSS-/360557410329?hash=item53f2e57819&vxp=mtr
Cut this and weld nipple to it. Had it on my bike for 2 years so far. I use a napa or wix filter. I will send you the number if you need; at work now...

Back in the day , we used to get spin-on oil filters to replace the filter on SOHC 750's...Don't recall where we bought them from, but I make adapters for them...Anyone have the # and mfgr. for them....? 001.jpg

Back