• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

seat lock

GroovyLou

CB750 Member
Reaction score
So I got the bike what I didn't get was the keys . Not really a problem for a guy like me . My question is what can I do about the lock on the seat ? I would like to replace it but I'm not seeing any replacement locks for it . I'm not married to the lock idea, but I do think I should have some kind of latch or something . I am going to use a stock style seat that is hinged . Any input would but welcome . Thanks .

Well, not sure what year bike your working with here.. I had the same issue with by 75 cb750K. I was able to get the seat off w/o busting the lock. A matter of getting a wench under the seat and unbolting the catch from the seat.

So what I usually do is take the lock apart and take the pins out. There are pins on springs of different lengths inside most locks, the various lengths correspond to the notches on a key. Take the pins out and reassemble the lock, and the lock will turn with any key or even a screw driver.

Well, not sure what year bike your working with here.. I had the same issue with by 75 cb750K. I was able to get the seat off w/o busting the lock. A matter of getting a wench under the seat and unbolting the catch from the seat.

So what I usually do is take the lock apart and take the pins out. There are pins on springs of different lengths inside most locks, the various lengths correspond to the notches on a key. Take the pins out and reassemble the lock, and the lock will turn with any key or even a screw driver.

I got the lock off. Didn't think about resetting the pin ... good idea. And after I put the post up I saw some seat locks on Ebay, was kinda lookin for something a little different. My bike is a 1975 as well.

Back