Removing the engine from a sohc cb750

guitarking135

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Ok let me first get this out of the way. I'm new here. This is my first time messing with an older honda like this and yes I'm building a bobber out of it. I know that is some what taboo amongst the CB world but they bike was cheap and looked like crap but ran great.

So I'm at the point of trying to get the engine out of the bike. I'm also at that point of throwing things and profanity. Is there some trick to getting this thing out of here? I'm not finding a whole lot of help online other than put it on it's side and remove exhaust studs.

If this helps any the frame is supposedly a 79 although the engine is sohc and the wheels are wire spoke. Also the frame doesn't appear to have the mounts that a 79 should have. All that being said I'm trying to avoid cutting the frame to get it out but dangit there's got to be an easier way that what I'm doing.

Any help? Right now it's stripped down to main frame and engine

I can help you out.

I will get the pictures from when my father pulled mine out.

He even made a special puller to take it out and in without scratching up things.

On the DOHC frame the right lower part of the frame does come off. Is there a manufacture date on the frame neck to determine what year it is? On a SOHC frame the motor comes out the right side. If you have never done it before get a helper. Its not that hard and is pretty straight forward but it is fairly easy to get it wedged in there. Send a picture of the frame so I know what we are dealing with.

Back