poor mans motorcycle lift

Clint

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would rather spend money on parts than a lift 20130225_165812.jpg

my lift is an oak door on a home made table of 4x4s and 2x6, with a ramp. I have several models of them.

I had do get my tires off the ground so i could change them.i made a crate to sit it in on but after i made that i didn't have any way of getting my floor jack under it to jack it up.so i got an idea to just lift it from the top with a come along.worked out good and cheap.just as long as my girlfriend don't come in the basement and see a motorcycle hanging from the floor

My lift is I just squat down. The bike magically rises when I do that.

magically :laugh:

Clint, I've used my engine hoist to lift the front end of bikes up for tire changes and servicing forks... kind of the same concept as you hanging your bikes.

I'm still going to buy a lift though.

Just the thought of it hanging there makes me a little squirrelly although it would make twirling it around to get to the other side easier.

I think you should prolly tell your girlfriend just so you can have a spotter - just in case.

I made a box out of 4x4 to set it on.the come along is just there for extra support and to get it on and off the box.its only about 900lb if it does fall on me.

I bought the yellow one at Harbor Freight for $60 using a coupon from Cycle World (it's in there all the time) - only problem is, I lifted the bike without the pipes and will need to take it back down in order to put them on.

Back